EMR stands for Electronic Medical Record.An EMR software stores medical and clinical data of a patient gathered in one provider’s office. Its also many times addressed as a digitial medical record of a patient.
Following are some of the information stored in a typical EMR:-
- Patient contact information, Emergency contacts, Insurance info.
- Physical Vitals, such as height, weight, body mass index (BMI)& temperature.
- Past and future medical facility appointments.
- Physician orders.
- Prescriptions and medicines.
- Scans and Lab test.
- Medical progress and surgical notes.
- Allergies and past medical history.
- Billing information.
- Discharge summaries and treatment plans.